Auction Terms & Conditions ONLINE AUCTION TERMS & CONDITIONS
A Walt Stout Auction will be referred to as "Stout Auction" in the Terms and Conditions.
1. Any bidders participating or registering for the auction agrees to be bound by and accepts these terms and conditions.
2. All bids are subject to a buyer's premium payable by the purchaser of ten percent (10%) of the bid price. The buyer's premium is added to your successful bid (the hammer price) and together equals the "total purchase price" of that lot. When the auction ends, the highest bidder will have purchased the offered lot. This purchase is subject to all the terms and conditions set forth herein.
3. At the conclusion of the sale, all winning bidders will have their credit cards (registered with "hibid") charged the "total purchase price" of all items purchased during the sale.
4. For any special payment arrangements, questions, or concerns please contact A Walt Stout Auction at least 48 hours prior to the sale.
5. Bidders must be at least 21 years of age to participate or register in the auction.
6. Bidder/buyer is aware and responsible for all bids made (bid amount and lot number) on their paddle/buyer's number.
7. If a bidder is exempt from paying his/her respective state sales tax, a copy of the bidder's state sales tax exemption form, clearly indicating the exemption number, must be filed with Stout Auction prior to the start of any auction or you will be automatically charged the applicable sales tax.
8. Any bidder who is not in good standing with Stout Auction may be disqualified or declined with such determination made by Stout Auction in its sole and unlimited discretion at any time prior to, during or even after the close of the auction.
9. All items and lots are sold strickly "As-is and Where-is". The auctioneer shall not be responsible for the correct description, genuineness, authenticity, or of defect in any lot, and makes no warranty in connection therewith of the condition of article sold. No sale will be set aside nor allowance made on account of any error in cataloging, or any imperfections not noted.
10. In every case where samples of the lots are shown, these samples, to the best of our belief, are true and fair, but bidders are cautioned that they must make examinations of lots before the sale and no allowance will be made on account of any difference between the sample and the lot. The location of every lot is obtainable from the auctioneer and it is the duty of the purchaser to make examination before the sale. In case of lots sold by description, the information has been obtained from reliable sources and is believed to be correct, but cannot be guaranteed. Please contact the auction company for any specific questions regarding a lot or lots.
11. No deduction shall be allowed for damaged articles, since all goods are exposed for public viewing at a scheduled preview and/or personal viewing of the picture(s), and sold "as is" and without recourse. Any questions regarding any item up for sale shall be addressed prior to the start of the auction.
12 A Walt Stout Auction will be held harmless in the event of any technical difficulties resulting in the inability to track pre-bids prior to the auction and/or online bids on the day of the auction. All best efforts will be made to ensure that all online bids are acknowledged.
13. No claims will be allowed after the removal of goods from the auction location.
14. The auctioneer shall not in any event, be liable for the non-delivery or for any matter or thing to any purchases of any lot, except for the return to the purchaser any deposit or sum paid to the auctioneer on said lot, should the purchaser be thereto entitled.
15. Any item /items not paid for and/or not picked up on the advertised pick-up date and time will be considered forfeited unless prior arrangements have been made. There will be an additional fee for the re-scheduling of missed pickup date and/or times.
16. Bidders shall be held liable under these terms and conditions of the sale. All persons acknowledge they have full knowledge of these terms and agree to be bound thereby. The auctioneer reserves the right to add one or more terms and conditions of the sale with proper notification.
17. Bidder and Stout Auction agree to mediate any dispute or claim arising between them out of this auction or any resulting transaction, before resorting to arbitration or court action. Mediation fees, if any shall be divided equally between the parties involved. For any dispute or claim to which this paragraph applies, if any party commences an action without first attempting to resolve the matter through mediation or refuses to mediate after a request has been made, then that party shall not be entitled to recover attorney's fees, even if they would otherwise be available to that party in any such action. Any litigation resulting from this sale or any resulting transaction will be conducted in the Court of Common Pleas of Greene County, PA.
18. The auctioneer is acting as agent only and is not responsible for the acts of his principals.
19. No employee, other than the auctioneer, is authorized to alter these terms.
Seller User Terms
Bidder User Terms